Bird Collars for Severe Feather Pluckers
|Collars for Mild Pluckers||Collars for Moderate Pluckers||Collars for Severe Pluckers|
Severe feather pluckers pick all over their body or have several bald spots. They appear to have a feverish need to pluck, as though it provides them with relief. Owners are often feeling helpless and may design homemade products to keep their severe feather plucker safe.
Managing Severe Feather Plucking and Self-Mutilation in Parrots:
- Providing a bird collar that is sturdy enough for feverish pluckers
- Providing bird calming supplements to calm obsessive plucking
- Caring for irritated skin
- Insuring that your bird has premium nutrition including feather growth supplements
- Exploring parrot husbandry and environmental issues that may be contributing to the problem
Severe feather pluckers are at highest risk of developing a self-mutilation problem.