Bird Collars for Moderate Feather Pluckers
Moderate Feather Pluckers have some bald spots but no open lesions. These birds often zealously concentrate their plucking in one or more areas but are not totally bald. The affected areas may have follicle damage or not.
Supplies for Moderate Feather Pluckers:
The clearly is uncomfortable and should be followed by an avian veterinarian to rule out a contributing medical disorder. Management efforts should concentrate on the following:
- Providing a bird collar that is sturdy enough for zealous pluckers
- Providing bird calming supplements as needed
- Caring for irritated skin
- Insuring that your bird has a premium diet including feather growth supplements
- Exploring parrot husbandry techniques that may be contributing to the problem
Moderate feather pluckers are at risk of having the problem worsen.