A mild plucker may be a parrot that is over-preening, barbering, or showing one bald spot. With these birds, you can take a couple of approaches after consulting with your avian veterinarian regarding causes.
Management efforts may concentrate on the following:
- Providing a bird collar that the bird tolerates to wear during times it plucks
- Minimizing environmental issues that cause the bird anxiety
- Providing your bird with a premium diet suited for it's species
- Bathing your bird regularly
- Learning behavior modification strategies to reward behaviors that you'd like to see more of
Bird collars for mild pluckers provide a barrier to keep your bird from it's feathers.