Bird Collars for Mild Feather Plucking in Parrots
|Mild Collars||Moderate Collars||Severe Collars||Mutilators||Neck & Feet Pluckers|
A mild plucker may be a parrot that is over-preening, barbering, or showing one bald spot. With these birds, you can take a couple of approaches after consulting with your avian veterinarian regarding causes.
Managing Mild Feather Plucking in Parrots
- Providing a bird collar that the bird tolerates to wear during times it plucks
- Minimizing environmental stressors that cause the bird anxiety
- Providing your bird with a premium diet suited for it's species
- Bathing your bird regularly
- Learning behavior modification strategies to reward behaviors that you'd like to see more of and decrease feather plucking in parrots. Please see The Feather Destructive Behavior Workbook for help.
Bird Collar Barriers are an important part of solving feather plucking in parrots.